Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Classic fish fillet in parsley sauce
· 3 liter of water
· 2 slice lemon
· 1oz flour
· 2 pint full-cream milk
· 2oz fresh parslay, stalks removed and chopped
· 1 ½ tablespoon salt
· 900-1000g fish fillet
· 4oz unsalted butter
1. Place the water, lemon and salt in a pan and boil for about 8 minutes.
2. Put in the fish fillet and then cook for 5minutes.
3. Take out from the heat and leave it cooking in the cooking liquid.
4. Liquefy 1oz butter in a pan and add over the flour.
5. Stir constantly with a spoon in order to mix and then cook.
6. Slowly pour in the milk and stir constantly to make a smooth sauce. Add 300ml pint of the fish cooking liquid and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
7. Cut the fish fillet into 6 slices.
8. Mix the chopped parsley and the rest of the butter into the sauce.
9. Pour the sauce over half the fish fillet
10. Serve with some potatoes boiled in salted water and a sprig of mint.