Sunday, September 5, 2010
Flavoursome Rice Crusted Hake
• 400 ml (1½ cups) Tastic Nature’s Brown Rice with Sundried Tomatoes, cooked
• 4 Hake fillets
• 187 ml (3/4 cup) Mature cheddar cheese, grated
• 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Fresh coriander, chopped
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 Lime rind, grated
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the mayonnaise:
• 175 ml (3/4 cup) Mayonnaise
• 10 ml (2 tsp.) Lime juice
• 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
• 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Capers, chopped
• 4 Gherkins, chopped
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. For mayonnaise: blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
3. Pat the fish dry with kitchen towel. Place on a greased baking tray. Season to taste and spread mayonnaise mixture on top.
4. Mix the Tastic Brown Rice, cheese, coriander, cayenne pepper and lime rind together and spoon on top of fish.
5. Season the Hake fish to taste. Bake fish in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the topping is golden.
6. Serve with the leftover mayonnaise.
Chef's Tip: Serve with baby potatoes, a green salad and mayonnaise as a main course.
For more information about our fish fillet please do feel free to check our website on: http://www.seawork.com.na/main-products.html