Monday, September 6, 2010
Grilled Hake au gratin
For weight watchers, Hake fish is good for health.
French dish: Grilled Hake au Gratin Recipe
Serves: or 4 people
• 4 Hake (about 170 grams each)
• 57 grams breadcrumbs
• 57 grams butter
• 85 grams grated cheddar cheese
• ¼ spoon of mustard powder
• Salt and pepper for the taste
Preparation of the French Grilled Hake au Gratin:
• Grill the breadcrumbs until golden and leave to decrease the temperature.
• Salt and pepper the Hake fillet (both sides) & put the butter on one side only.
• Place the steaks on foil under a medium grill butter side up for 7 to 7 minutes. (depending on the thickness of the Hake fillets)
• Then turn the fish over and cover with a mixture of the breadcrumbs, cheese, mustard powder, salt and pepper and grill for a further 6 to 7 minutes.
• Garnish with a few lemon twists and serve.
• This would be perfect with jacket potatoes and green beans.
Gratin adapted from French cuisine is a type of casserole dish that is covered with Béchamel sauce or Mornay sauce, topped with buttered breadcrumbs and/or grated cheese and either baked or broiled, then served in its baking dish with a golden crust.
For more information about our fish fillet please do feel free to check our website on: http://www.seawork.com.na/main-products.html